Sunday, June 16, 2013

First days

These first couple of days have been wonderful :) I have laughed and hugged and kissed more little faces than I have all year... and I feel right at home. Here are some pictures to sum up my life right now. You should be jealous.

A sweet note from a cute student, misspelled name and all.

A drawing of me from my husband (a 9th grader named Carlos Buitron).


Maxi and Anthony excited about their little presents I brought :)

Miss Elena with her basketball boyfriend, Michael Jackson. Garrett, she was so excited to find him in your stack of cards :) You made her and her son's day!


Juver (Miss Elena's son) being silly with his new baseball cards! I can't tell you how excited they were to get these, G-man. THANK YOU!!


This is Adan. He is constantly hungry, silly, LOUD, and cute.

This is a blurry picture of Jorge, but maybe the only one I get of him on this entire trip!


An amazing rainbow in my backyard!
  
Being goofy with our Jhon!

Jill, Ashley, and I with Miss Elena. She is an amazing, strong woman.

 This is the stud, AKA Cristian.


And now, here is a long sequence of PhotoBooth shots with my boys. 









Last details:
1- I realize all of these pictures were with the boys... I didn't take any pictures of the girls today! I don't really know why... so they will have to be top priorities for my next post :)
2- The other interns that are here now (Jill, Courtney, Stephanie, Rebecca, Ashley, and Sean) are awesome. They deserve a whole post for themselves.
3- Yesterday I was hand-washing clothes outside in freezing cold water with the older girls, Catalina, Leonela, and Cinthya for about an hour. As soon as I got inside, I immediately put my hands under super hot water (NOT A GOOD IDEA). My fingers started tingling all over and I literally watched them expand to the size of your average sausage link. They stayed like that for 2 hours and I couldn't even make a fist, or remove my rings. My new nickname here is Swollo. See picture below. 



And now I leave you with a video of Anthony, Max, Sebastian, Adan, and Juver FLIPPING out over the roller coaster effect on PhotoBooth on my computer. Their little squeals of excitement are the best :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a great time. Love You.

    Granddaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The view from your backyard is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that rainbow picture may be the coolest picture I've ever seen. You can't see the rainbow coming down. Just the end of it. I've never seen anything like that. I told mom it's like a rainbow bomb! How cool that God blessed you guys with something that awesome! Hope you are feeling better. We are praying for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kiddo or maybe Swollo. I love keeping up with you and the other interns. I've added your blog to the intern blogsite at http://blogs.acu.edu/1320_BMIS39101/
    I have to admit that your fingers made me giggle and remember conversations in Venezuela where the locals tried to convince us not to eat ice cream on hot days, not to iron and mop on the same day, not to wash in hot water and rinse in cold, etc. I think you just set back 10 years worth of my arguments. :)

    ReplyDelete