First thing they brought to the table: popcorn, ahi sauce (a sauce they eat with EVERYTHING here) and silverware.
I took an extra picture of the popcorn because I found it hilarious that they just brought out popcorn for us to eat before the meal arrived. It was good popcorn though!
Next, they brought out our soup. Juan David and I ordered Quinoa soup, and Cathy and Jason ordered Hungarian Soup. Theirs was spicier and meatier than ours. Our soup was more of a white sauce with very, very tiny flour/pasta/grain/noodle type things (quinoa). It was soooo good. Notice the popcorn bowl is almost empty - that is because the popcorn is for your SOUP! They put popcorn in their soup here ALL THE TIME. And... it is awesome.
After we finished the soup, the waiter brought out our main dishes and juice. Mine was rice, salad, beetroot and some yummy chicken (which tasted sort of like sweet and sour chicken). Juan David ordered the same thing as me, and Cathy and Jason both got the same dish but with "enrollado de carne" (a type of meat rolled in flour and baked in the oven) instead of chicken.
A close-up of my plate:
And that was my first Ecuadorian restaurant experience! That was not the best food I have had here, though, not by a long shot. But, I took tons of pictures so I felt I needed to blog about it :) Hope you found it sort of interesting!
With his LOVE of popcorn I'm pretty sure Pops would be diggin the popcorn in the soup thing.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Dad