I am blessed!
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Valentine's Day
So yesterday was Valentine's Day here in Equador. Pretty much the best day ever. I had been having a hard couple of days, feeling like I wasn't here for a reason, no one liked me, pity party. And God just COMPLETELY spoke to me through Valentine's Day like you would not believe.This is what I mean: I received 21 letters, 3 boxes of chocolates, a bookmark, a giraffe stuffed animal, two teddy-bears, a pair of earrings, a necklace, cookies and a bouquet of white roses. Yes, I feel loved :) The letters were some of the SWEETEST most ENCOURAGING letters I have ever gotten in my life. Here are some of them:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So cute! Se tu tivesse aqui tinha te mandado uma cartinha tbm heheheh tenho certeza que todo mundo aí te ama! You are the most adorable and loving person I have ever met! E eu mandei em inglês pra todo mundo entender e concordar cmg hehhe / Lau
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that no one there really likes you or wants you to be there! When you are awy from home it is easy sometimes to get those feelings and feel down on yourself. You are having a profound impact on the lives of many children and they will be so much better off because you have been there. They need your friendship and love. I hope everything is going well. You are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove You,
Granddaddy
My wife and I were privileged to attend the open house for the first building of the Haciendo of Hope in June 2004. We were greatly impressed with Jerry and Pat Snyder and their son Justin was there the same week were there. It was a busy week preparing for the open house which hosted nearly 300 for worship on Sunday and a tour of the HoH facilities. That afternoon the cow that Jerry bought for the farm gave birth to a calf immediately after the open house program concluded. What timing God has! That week we were also privileged to meet the 22 people who came from Jerry and Pat's home congregation in Shawnee, Oklahoma. They were a hard working group and helped Jerry set up a drip irrigation system for the garden area nearby. We told Jerry and Pat to use us in whatever way they needed and not to be give us special treatment, but it was an enjoyable adventure that we will never forget. On Saturday night before the Sunday Open House, I discovered that I would be the English song leader on Sunday morning and Justin would be Spanish song leader. I sang a verse in English and he in Spanish through about ten songs. The Norte Church in Quito came in numbers to support the worship. The local area residents also came in big numbers.
ReplyDeleteI think that many of us think such small dreams, but when you men a man like Jerry Snyder who asked God to use him in a much bigger way and to reach out into the future so much farther than we usually do, you can't help but be changed. How fortunate you are to be there and experience a taste of the dream. Your parents have taught you well. Be thankful for them and the glimpse you have seen into God's mind. Paul had this vision and show how big God can be when our eyes are opened. I am sure that Justin and Amanda have been faithful aides in accomplishing so much also. God bless all who are there.