Well, since this was my first week teaching alone at school, and my second week here, I though I might just tell a little bit about my daily schedule.
4 AM - 6 AM: School starts at 7, so my roommate and I try to get up every morning at 6 to get ready. I say TRY because I, no matter what time I go to bed, cannot sleep through the hour of four o`clock. Let me explain: it doesn't matter if I am in bed at 8, or if I stay up doing something and am completely exhausted at midnight... every single morning I wake up at 4:00 am. Serious! I wake up, look at the clock, and it ALWAYS says 4:00 AM. Never 3:59, never 4:05... It is the weirdest thing ever. So, I lay there and try to sleep until 6. But this hardly ever works - instead I just lay there thinking about how I miss my family and all the problems I have (this runs in my family - my mom will also stay awake in the morning or at night and just worry about stuff). Upon telling my dad about this problem, he suggested that instead of wasting an hour in bed worrying and starting off my day all wrong, that I should use that time to just be with God. And that is what I have done this whole week. I wake up at 4 AM, try and sleep for another hour (sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't), and then at 5 AM I just get up, and get my essential things:
The best Devotional Book EVER.
My favorite bible - have had it since I got baptized almost 10 years ago and it has tons of 9 year old Ansley scribbles in it
Everyone told me before coming here to KEEP A JOURNAL. So, I am. And it has been so good! I end every journal entry with "FTTBTFT" (Five Things To Be Thankful For Today).
One of my Christmas presents this year was from Bronwyn. Every Sunday and Wednesday I get to open an envelope that has a letter from her and a print-out of an inspiring quote. I LOVE IT!!
Have I said on this blog yet that I have the BEST FAMILY EVER? Well, I do. Every single day that I will be here, I have a letter to open from someone in my family. They pretty much make me cry every day. And I cannot even say how much I love love love them.
Sometimes I take my boyfriend's book with me to read if I have any time leftover before six. Yes, Tim Tebow is my boyfriend. He just doesn't know it yet. I am obsessed with him - completely respect what he does and says in the media. And if you don't, you are insane. Just read this.
6 AM - 7 AM: Get ready for school! This means professional-looking clothes- no jeans! Which stinks for me... I am a jeans girl. Twice a week we can wear sweatpants, and those are my favorite days. Yay for 5 dollar sweatpants from Walmart!
7 AM - 3 PM: Work. Not my favorite part of the day, but it is still fun! I love working with the younger kids and I love recess and lunch and breakfast breaks. Sometimes I stay until 4 to tutor kids that need it or get detention. I taught some of my students/friends how to play the card game "kemps", and they want to play it EVERY SINGLE DAY. We have so much fun. Different people play everyday, but Christian, Erick, Romer, Holger, Juan David and I always play. Here is a picture of me with Christian (left), Romer (middle) and Erick (right). They look very serious in photos but are actually hilarious.
3 or 4 PM - 6 PM: My FAVORITE part of the day. Walking down the hill with the cutest kids ever, playing with them, knocking on Maritza's (my Ecuadorian bff) door, just being around kids and people that I love. Yesterday, for example, I got home from school, played kemps, sang and played guitar with Christian, cleaned up the apartment (with help from Juan David), and then was called to participate in a heated soccer game. They all wanted to see the "brazilian" play soccer. I'm sure my dad and brothers are laughing at this... but I actually am not that bad at soccer! I can take the ball away from people and make some decent passes. So the kids were all wowed and starting patting me on the back. OH YEAH, GARRETT! Anyways, here are the teams. Team Number 1 - Maritza's team. Players: Cyntia, Christian, Jorge, Esteban, Fabian and Adan.
And then Team Number 2: Ansley's team! Players: John, Luis, Juan David, Matias and my baby (Anthony).
It was a pretty awesome game, even though we lost 5 x 0. BUT - I am still not used to the altitude here and after about 3 minutes of running around I could hardly breathe, so I had to stop many times. I told the other team that was why they won, but they weren't buying it. Maybe before May I will be able to kick their booties in soccer!! You never know.
6 PM - 9 PM: Also a really good time of day. I get to call my parents (PRAISE GOD FOR SKYPE AND MAGIC JACK. SERIOUSLY), eat yummy suppers and watch Seinfeld before bed. (P.S.- Seinfeld: MY FAVORITE SHOW EVER).
Thank you once again for all of your support and encouragement. Every day gets better and better, but every day there is at least one moment where I just get discouraged and miss my family. I know it is normal and it will probably go away but it is very hard to deal with right now!! Thank you for your prayers, they are working - I feel more and more of God's peace everyday!! I will try to post on the blog 4 times this week. Maybe more!!
Love, Ansley
P.S.- Typical Saturday morning at the Hacienda: waking up at 6 am with the most annoying yellow bird EVER tapping on your window. Waking up again at 7 am with the girls singing "Little Drummer Boy" in Spanish and playing the flute along with it. Gotta love it.

Hi Ansley,
ReplyDeleteThis is Marilyn from Fort Worth!! Wanted to encourage you there in Equador! Very proud of you and your family! We attend at The Hills!! The google acct was from 2 years ago with LST. Blessings!
Marilyn Holland
Amei vc ter postado no blog, aguardava ansiosa. EStava lendo sobre vc perder o sono todas as noites no mesmo horário. E o que seu pai falou foi a melhor idéia. Falar com Deus. Sabes que cheguei a conclusão que quando perdemos o sono sempre no mesmo horário é porque não falamos com Deus o suficiente durante o dia e no silêncio da noite ele quer nos ouvir contar as vitórias diante mesmo dos pequenos obstáculos e também nossas necessidades, ansiedades, medos do que temos que enfrentar e assim ele nos pega no colo, segura nossa mão e nos conduz, nos encoraja e conforta abrigando debaixo de suas asas com o seu grande amor de Pai. Você vai perceber isso ao decorrer dos dias, semanas, meses. Todas as noites depois de um determinado tempo de minha vida eu comecei a perder o sono entre 3, 3 e meia da madrugada...e descobri que esse era o meu horário de ter uma conversa íntima com Deus e a cada dia que passa nosso envolvimento é maior. Sabes que adoro escrever , mas vou parar por aqui pra não ser maçante. Que Deus continue te guiando te usando para abençoar esse lugar e as crianças mais e mais. Te amo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSó tá faltando um tempo pra falar comigo né :( mas eu adorei saber como tá tudo aí e o que tu tá fazendo! Espero que cada dia melhore e que antes de ir embora tu consiga golear todo mundo com teu baita futebol heheheh beijos da Lau! Te amo
ReplyDeleteIf being busy really does make time pass faster, you will be home in no time!
ReplyDeleteColossians 3:23-24,
Martha Kimbrough
Oi! Ansley, estava anciosa aguardando o vc blogar, se ocupar realmente , o tempo passa mais rápido, vc está sendo muito amada pela essas crianças, vc vai superar a saudade aos pouco, na hora a insonia a melhor coisa é ler, conversar com nosso amigo fiel que nunca nos abandona, isto é muito bom o que vc está fazendo. Estamos com saudades
ReplyDeletebeijos....te amamos muito
Ivoli/Grace