Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man." Psalms 73:23-24

"He will have no fear of bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalms 112:7

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the world, but BE TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his GOOD, PLEASING and PERFECT will." Romans 12:2

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

"I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing." 1 Timothy 2:8

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. the Lord, the Lord himself is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE." Jeremiah 29:11


7 very powerful verses. Verses that symbolize a new way of living for me. I want to be a LIGHT here. I have had a hard week, and today a really hard day. But I do not want to be sad anymore- whether it's from missing my home, my friends, my family, or problems at school, or extra work hours, or feeling like I'm not making a difference here. This blog is my prayer that I will be STRONG and live like Jesus did. I want to always be a LIGHT to EVERYONE! Please pray for me that this will come true! And that I can make an impact here, even on days when I don't feel like I am :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!
    I need tell you something. Today I was having a really hard day and you know what/who helped me out?!?! You and the letter that you grave me just before you l left Porto Alegre. You sure made difference here, and I bet you've been a good example of a great christian for those kids. Really praying that you feel better.
    I miss you and love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. Anyone who sticks their neck out for God is asking for some hard times. You could have chosen to spend these months at your grandparents' house getting spoiled, but you didn't. I am so proud of you. What we were talking about last night reminded me of one of Bronwyn's blog posts from Rwanda. http://bronwynblume.blogspot.com/2010/03/why-it-matters.html Keep being a light! Smile and be happy! That will do more than you could ever know! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying "extra" for you! A little light shines brighter in a dark place than a spotlight shines in the sunlight. God can do big things with a little light! Give Him a little light today and see if He doesn't recharge your battery and make it brighter tomorrow. I suspect your light is already brighter than you know! In fact, I know it is because it shines through what you write.
    Philippians 2:13,
    Martha Kimbrough

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog everyday (or post) and share it often with my class of 9th grade girls that I teach at Harding Academy, Searcy. They are so fascinated by how brave you are to take on this mission adventure. We pray for you and your work, too.

    Found out yesterday that the group from our school going to Ecuador for a mission spring break is going to Hacienda of Hope. The leader was so excited when I told him about you and showed him your blog. What a small world it is. They are getting ready to be there the fist weekend in March.
    Praying that today is better.
    Kim Kirkman

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really believe what you are doing is so amazing. I am really enjoying getting to know your family better. May God Bless you in your ministry. He has already blessed me by allowing me the opportunity to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cada dia que passa eu admiro mais voce, estou com muita saudade...que Deus te abençoe , muita força as crianças precisam de você.
    Beijussss.....
    Ivoli

    ReplyDelete